In case you can't tell, there is a bunny on the chair and the child is in tears because it just tried to nibble at her dress. Savannah is a year old here and we were at a photography studio memorializing the moment. It's one of my favorite pictures of her ever. She came running straight to me almost the moment after this was snapped.

This baby will be Sweet Sixteen in March. Where did all the time go? She laughed at me the first day of school when my mouth dropped when she handed me her driver's ed manual and again the day she brought home the order forms for her high school class ring. I know I have watched her growing into the beautiful young woman she is today, but it really hits home when I see this picture and then see her bounding down the hall off to meet friends.

I miss the days when she counted on me for protection and told me everything. We still talk, but these days she is much more reliant on her friends. I guess she is coming into her own.

Nowadays our house can be quite chaotic between all of her activities, functions and outings. I literally live in the bus loop after school and am a constant chauffer on the weekends. I won't know what to do with myself once she goes to college and *YIKES* that's only another couple of years from now.

That being said, I do enjoy the peace and quiet in the house when everyone is gone for a bit, so that's exactly what I plan to do for the rest of this Saturday while the husband is out of town at his brother's and Savannah is at a band competition. Yep, just me and the dog. Maybe we'll go for a walk.

Thanks for reading!

Ellen
XOXO