Most of you who follow me on Twitter know that I am graced with the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week. I call those days "Jammie Days". There are many reasons that Jammie Days are good for the employee and the employer. Here are a few.

Employer Benefits

  • I actually put in a longer work day when I work from home. I boot up the laptop right after my daughter leaves for the school bus at 6:30 a.m. and on many days find myself still working at 4-5 p.m.
  • I don't have the distractions I do when I am in the office. Let's face it, if a co-worker pops in for water cooler talk, there's not much of a way to say no.

Employee Benefits

  • I don't have to get out of my pajamas all day.
  • I don't have to get ready and drive into the office.
  • I often can complete more intense work that requires my focus.
  • I am in the comfort of my home.
  • My dog has company (OK, so this one is ridiculous, but I do feel bad leaving him alone for the whole day.)

That's all I got for today. No, I will NOT be posting a pic of me in my jammies for this entry. Thanks for reading!

Ellen XOXO